Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Sad MF


This morning i had a quarrel with brit co-worker about some code that i've changed. You see this git started work fir the company about 2 weeks before i had and on the first week he demonstrated very good manners around me, seriously questioning my views on how only wankers leave england to work as techies out here. After about a year here, he was made into a project lead for a team that was to work on a new product based on winCE. He was exceptionaly good at talking, like all wankers do and using his vocabulary right when explaining things to the manager. They thought he had potential and promoted him. Good thing i don't work under him.

But this morning, my team lead who also is in the i-hate-brit-wanker boat found some irregularities with our code that disregarded the changes he had made and wrote an email to dicko about these changes thinking that dick was the one who had made them changes. This mail got cc'd to the software manager and dicko was so annoyed that he came around and told me off for not telling him that i made the changes. Yes I forgot that he does work on the code too, but i wouldn't have told him anyways. wankers deserve to work in ivory towers and not with society. I raised my voice to him in the office and told that yes i did make them changes only because a legacy code didn't work and i did not want to waste time editing it. And that it was my domain and any code that was there was my responsibility and not him. Also that i've been kept out of the loop on whose doing what. I said all this loudly and in public. He just argued and told me that regardless i needed to inform people of my changes. After that session, all the managers just laughed and encouraged me to tell this git off as they probably didn't like him as well.

The last time i saw him he had a capital "L" on his forehead.
|