Sunday, May 15, 2005

Those Yester Years


Whenever someone asks me what i want in life or what my plans are in the future, i always shrug with content and answer .. "I want the good things in life .. same as everybody else". You see i've always been a firm believer in living free and enjoying the little things that life has to offer. I am but a free spirited animal that roams the plains of life to taste and experience the many joys it has to offer. I guess thats why i fail miserably in serious relationships and obligations that weigh down the path i chose to trod down. Alls well ends well i keep telling the junior coders who seem to have fire in their eyes to start work with such a big and renowned company. But little do these kids know that youth, if not spent wisely could be the greatest regret. I had a very satifying youth and don't regret even a minute of it. I spent it with good friends doing really fun things that curls a smile on my face everytime i think of those days. I would chill with Yew Meng in class and we'd catch the bus home with Praba from Puduraya then. Before going home, we'd sometimes hangout at Petaling St and have ice kacang at the Puduraya stalls on the rear end. Started smoking when i was 15. Being in a boys school in the heart of KL was probably to blame. At that age, skipping school was way to cool. I used to hangout with the school baddies and skyive to Mcdonalds to watch the CBM'ers and BB chicks. I was a great way to spend your weekday afternoons i found out. After getting caught a couple of times by the school HM, i was sent to detention class for almost a month after school. So the skying stopped for a while. It stopped but never died.

While hanging out at bukit bintang, i shoplifted a couple of times with the gang. We usually took metrojaya t-shirts not because we wanted it, but because the thrill of being caught gave us an indiscribable high. Never been caught before but i evetually stopped as puberty hit in. For sports, tennis was my game. I played almost every afternoon in school and even played in the MSSWP back in the late 80s. Hell it was a great way to release stress and to excuse urself from classes for matches once in a while. I hada sweet childhood i reckon. But it was sweeter when the BBGS chicks would join us for McD drinks in their school uniform. The flirting never surpassed holding hands and going to the cinema. That was growing up just they way i liked it.

I had just got off the phone with Julius Lim CEO of MCSB a subsidary of of MCSB for a PM position i had forgottenly applied for a few weeks ago. We talked for almost an hour and he seemed a decent enough bloke. We talked about the different companies i have worked for and the reasons why i jumped jobs. Also what i was looking for in a job and all the monetery expectations and all. I was 1 step away from offering me a position and now whats me to mail him on my salary expectation. I told him that i don't have a clue, but i know its going to be alot. Even with that, i really don't think im going to persue this for now. I'm pretty happy with my job here and the oppertunities here are just starting to show. So i reckon i'd be a bit more patient and spend another 2 years here before thinking of moving home. Mind you there are also some good oppertunities in Perth and Brisbane i hear. Espcially in the winCE development area where i've been spending my last couple of months in. I think i'll pass on this one eh? Now where did i leave my smokes again?
|