Sunday, May 22, 2005

Where are Thou?


After all these years, you finaly came back to me, apprearing before me in a dream i had about you last night. Its been a while since we spoke and last i heard that you married a foreign man you had met on your frequent travels abroad. You married him in a simple event here and shipped out to the middle east somewhere. I was happy for you, that you'd found someone to grow old with. I had once loved you and given you my heart to keep. Then after i had gone my way, you left without a trace. But i was sure that you'd return to me, one day. One sweet day. When you said u loved me and would love me no matter what ... i saw it in your eyes and believed you. Your eyes looked calm, collected and smiling away .. like you always do when we touched and held each other close so many times before. I know you now as i knew you then. I know all your likes, dislikes, the little curves on your mouth when you smile, all the physical curves on your body and the way you light up when we hold each other. Tis good holding you tight on those rainy Dec nites. A little body warmth goes a long way. Those magical moments will be with me no matter what. In my dreams you were still the same. The same charm and the same laughter. And how i missed it all.

In my dreams, you came wearing a business suit like you typicaly do when we started dating. The same business suit you loved wearing when we briefly dated again after 5 years of breaking up, when we both had started working. You had always looked sexy in that body hugging low cleavage suit, but the pins at the back were way to difficult to undo. The dates were indeed thrilling, especially creeping behind your then boyfriend's back to meet. I remembered you rushing back after to meet boyfriend and to avoid suspicions. We were good then. Didn't suspect a thing now did he? An hour a week was fine with me to smell your honey hair and breath body shop off your skin. I knew you liked it as much as i. Looking at you now, i could tell that you have aged. The lines on your face tell me so. But the smile and laughter remain the same nevetheless. I missed you heaps, especially after those long 3 years.

This time you tell me that you have divorced your foreign husband and had just broken up with a new boyfriend. Poor thing. Forget about those men. Men who don't appreciate or care about you. Does this mean that i can have have you now? Does this mean that i can kiss and caress you now .. like i used to? Could i just pick u up and sprawl you on my lap? Theres so much i want to tell you, so much i want to do to you. Can i? can i? You were soo good to ..... and i know you loved me. Yes. You said it more often than i. At last, the cows come home. Quick, wake me up before i really do go out there to look for her.
|