Monday, June 06, 2005

Goodbye to Sandra Dee


I had the whole weekend just thinking about stuff that i'd been wanting to experiment with on my winCE based application running on my Intel ARM Xscale device. Hell yeah. Since last week, I got an mp3 player running on my application and showed it to my PM, who seemed to love the idea of me tweaking the application and getting all sorts of gizmos running on it, so he could churn another product with these extra bits to reach ultimate KPis in his quest for company stardom. You see, if the company ever had a pin-up poster boy as a star, this guy was it. Hes successfully architectured 2 very profitable projects, managed the company's product roadmap for a year and single handedly brought company profits up by 30% through the projects he worked on. Hes fast, aggresive, witty and has a bottomless passion for technology on embedded devices. Probably the best PM i've ever worked with. Hes around 40yo and has had an amazing carreer with solid exposure running shows for big corps like Sony, Yahoo europe and Intell Australia. Hes even got exposure assisting Petronas installing their card based systems through a south african company as fronting the job. So working with him has really given me that boost from his know-how and drive. So when he'd heard about me getting my app to run shell winCE apps, he was really excited and wanted more.

The weekend was a long one. Queens b'day weekend the locals called it. It was 8 in the morn when i called up sandra to ask her out for a movie. Picking up the phone, a tired hung over voice at the end of the line told me that she'd been out partying last nite and probably had too much to drink for that matter. And here i was calling her up at 8 to ask her out to the mall. Nevertheless she still spoke to me in the most gentle feminine voice that would come out from her. She said she'll be ready in 1 hour and she'd see me out in her front yard. I was almost relieved that sandra, the girl from the office was cool about accompanying her workmate to drift at the mall. At exactly 9 i was already in front of sandra's 3 bedroom weatherboard house that she shared with her housemates, who seemed pretty cool about parading around the house in just their knickers, even when i come around to to chat about work with sandra. The whole house would be watching telly in their knickers and i'd just smile and try not to make it too obvious that i'm gazing them ripe but tight buns as they ignore my dirty looks. Sandra was the more conservative one, prefering to cover up when im around.

Sandra was already waiting outside for me by the time i arrived. She was in jeans and a heavy brown pull over that day. It had been cold all week and winter was fast approaching. I wasn't particularly dissapointed that she wasn't wearing anything sexy or so. After all sandra wasn't exactly a hot babe. Shes about 5'5" and has brownish hair with a freckled face. Her body was kind of thinnish with a rather flabby bum, older looking than her age of 29. Shes been married once but i hear its only lasted for a year or so. Shes alright but not the kind of person u'd have wet dreams about. As sandra sat down next to me, i put on some jazz on the radio and drove straight to the mall. Driving to the mall, sandra and i chatted about office politics and bitched about the office brit wankers and how they were getting too many. We reached the mall in no time at all and did coffee first before proceeding to buy star wars tickets.

The movie was ok but i didn't really enjoy it as much as i had first anticipated. Driving sandra home was another feat as she lived on the other side of the mall and i had to make turn intersection turns to get back on the main road to reach home. But it was a rather pleasant drive as sandra talked about her personal life and eventually about how little she was getting 'it'. She mentioned that her busy schedule was eating up her social life and was not getting laid as often. Poor sandra, maybe if she dressed a little more tartier and lost the bra, her chances of scoring would be better. But i stopped at that as i was pretty tired then and wanted to get home asap ready for work the next day. As i pulled up her drive way, she invited me in for coffee.

"Your eyes are really red, tired huh? come in for a quick coffee to stop u falling a sleep on the wheel." sandra spoke in avery nervous voice i remembered.

At first i hesitated as i was tired out of my mind and was looking forward to some zzzzzz but then maybe she wants me to watch her while she does her housemate or some kind of kinky fun that includes wendy, her half asian-half-aussie housemate whose perky bum crack has a habbit swallowing the thin knicker lines, when she walks around the house half naked.

"Ooohhh ... alright i'll come in only for a while." i shot back and smiled tastefully as i got down from the car and followed her into her house. The house was dark and sandra switched on all the lights as she came in. Looking around, i was dissapointed to see that the house was indeed empty and that none of her knicker wearing housemates were around to give me notty glances. Darn. i sat myself down on the dinning while she dissapeared into the back to make coffee i reckoned.

"Sandra .. i take mine black with 2 sugars k ..." i said in a rather loud manner, trying to drown the noises she was making in the kitchen. About a minute later sandra came out from the kitchen with my coffee. Comming out from the kitchen i was absolutely shocked to see her with streams of tears running down her cheeks.

"Whats happened? Are you alrite? Whats wrong?" i calmly asked.

"I did it last month with a stranger i met in a bar while drunk, and now i think i'm pregnant. What do i do? How shall i get over this?" she said crying as she said this.

I just shook my head, drank my coffee and told her to sleep it off.

"It'll be better tomorrow dahling. After all tomorrows another day." kinda reminds me of Rhett Butler said to scarlet o'hara, except sandra was more a courtney love than a scarlett o'hara. I drove my ass home and slept like a baby.
|