Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Life -O- Life




Can't believe it. Petrol goes up to USD60 per barrel and Petronas is organizing another street party as its profits soar. While the govt is fixed on passing the new prices to the consumer, Petronas is drying up our oil reserves by increasing their production and doubling their management salaries. Now with the economy drying up and jobless grads so plentifull like prostitues in federal hotel, i do believe that some people should be more reserved and responsible in displaying immediate wealth. Especially when its the country's unshared wealth that is flashed. After pillaging the coasts of tregganu for its natural resources for decades, BN Petronas decided that they would stop payments to the newly elected PAS govt for all the oil they've been taking of the state's coast. Its its all free oil for them, just like the money the make from selling it. All free.

So why are we alright with higher petrol prices when already almost everything we spend on, from toll to fish prices goes up as a tail-whirl effect? How does this justify the fate of normal wage earning families with mouths to feed? And with unemployment on the rise, I wonder whose doing the inflation control? Zeti? Samy? Whats more, cars are 200% taxed and everybodys ok with it. Heck my ALevel friends are even spending more on second cars, than I ever did on a house! I just don't get it. Are we really sure of economic sustainity? Are our jobs so secured that we could be guaranteed of salary incentives going up for the forth comming years? God I wished I could strip naked and protest in front of KLCC against big oil companies depleting our natural resources and not giving anything back.

Most of my friends tell me that their salary increaments are about as often as a politician apologizing. Never, almost. But yet, everything is going up in prices. Even an oil message with KiKi from China, at the Armada Hotel is more expensive now. Will our lives be forever changed to accomodate these new prices? Would a second job now be normal thing for our society? Would this also then create a whole new generation of urban misfits and delinquents who now lack basic paternal guidance when their parents are too busy working a second job to pay for the new sofa. I am so messed up, I need to sit.

Drifting away from it all. I am however impressed by the positivity shown by the faces i have seen, the characters I have known and the personalities I have met. Not a glit of dispair, frustration or desperation shown. Its people are truly amazing. What great patients and unreal forgivefullness in them. The smile and embrace me with their warmth and love. I am lucky to know of a place that beacons of love and respect, like no other place on this earth. Its these reasons that make me want to return sooner. These reasons that make me want to smile and stay here, permanently. For the little things and the other things in life, home will be home. This will be home. Hi Jack! No! my name is not Jack. (shows gun) Hijack!
|